Mechanics & Industry
Volume 20, Number 8, 2019
Selected scientific topics in recent applied engineering – 20 Years of the ‘French Association of Mechanics – AFM’
|Number of page(s)||11|
|Published online||24 July 2020|
- B.J. Allbert, Tires and Hydroplaning, SAE Trans. 680140 593–603 (1968) [Google Scholar]
- V. Todoroff, S. Paupy, F. Biesse, Y. Le Chenadec, The mechanisms involved during the wet braking of new and worn tires, Veh. Syst. Dyn. 57, 1–20 (2018) [Google Scholar]
- R.C. Dreher, W.B. Horne, Phenomena of pneumatic tire hydroplaning, Procedia Social Behav. Sci. 53, 1019–1027 (1963) [Google Scholar]
- W. Gengenbach, Experimental investigation of tires on wet pavements, Auto. Technol. Mag. 70 (1968) [Google Scholar]
- W.B. Horne, T.J. Yager, D.L. Ivey, Recent studies to investigate effects of tire footprint aspect ratio on dynamic hydroplaning speed, The tire pavement interface (1986) ASTM International [Google Scholar]
- A.J. Tuononen, M.J. Matilainen, Real-time estimation of aquaplaning with an optical tyre sensor, Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. D 223, 1263–1272 (2009) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- A.J. Niskanen, A.J. Tuononen, Three 3-axis accelerometers fixed inside the tyre for studying contact patch deformations in wet conditions, Veh. Syst. Dyn. 52, 287–298 (2014) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- J.R. Cho, H.W. Lee, J.S. Sohn, G.J. Kim, J.S. Woo, Numerical investigation of hydroplaning characteristics of three-dimensional patterned tire, Eur. J. Mech. A/Solids 25, 914–926 (2006) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- C. Hermange, Numerical simulation of the fluid-structure interactions inside the aquaplaning problem. Thèse, Ecole Centrale de Nantes, 2017 [Google Scholar]
- S.S. Kumar, K. Anupam, T. Scarpas, C. Kasbergen, Study of hydroplaning risk on rolling and sliding passenger car, Procedia Social Behav. Sci. 53, 1019–1027 (2012) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- S. Vincent, A. Sarthou, J.-P. Caltagirone, F. Sonilhac, P. Février, C. Mignot, G. Pianet, Augmented Lagrangian and penalty methods for the simulation of two-phase flows interacting with moving solids. Application to hydroplaning flows interacting with real tire tread patterns, J. Comput. Phys. 230, 956–983 (2011) [Google Scholar]
- T. Suzuki, T. Fujikawa, Improvement of hydroplaning performance based on water flow around tires, SAE Technical Paper (2001) [Google Scholar]
- R.J. Adrian, C.-S. Yao, Pulsed laser technique application to liquid and gaseous flows and the scattering power of seed materials, Appl. Opt. 24, 44–52 (1985) [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- R.J. Adrian, Particle-imaging techniques for experimental fluid mechanics, Ann. Rev. Fluid Mech. 23, 261–304 (1991) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- R. Kingslake, Optics in photography, SPIE, Washington, 1992. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.